Intermodal traffic – the system for all
In combined traffic, benefit from our national and European solutions for rail transport – even without sidings and for smaller freights.
We will convey your goods of all types to their destinations across Europe in containers, swap bodies and trailers. Requirements can be very varied here.
Do you come from the haulage, courier, express and package industry?
For system transport within Germany we offer you individual transport concepts with which quick operating times and traffic can be achieved in short timeframes.
Are you looking for intermodal direct connections within Europe?
In the continental traffic shuttle system we quickly and reliably connect Europe’s economic centres for you on highly frequented routes along the main European traffic axes.
In the sea port hinterland traffic, we link the Northern ports (e.g. Hamburg) or Western ports (e.g. Rotterdam) with the European hinterland.
Due to our longstanding experience in European rail transport and substantial cooperation with international partners, we will also be pleased to take care of the conception and organisation of traffic outside of Germany for you.
Here are a few examples
- From Cologne (Germany) to Cerkezköy (Turkey)
- From Verona (Italy) to Ostrava (Czech Republic)
- From Barcelona (Spain) to Ludwigshafen (Germany)
- From China to Europe (Germany, Spain, UK)
For other transport options, we offer you a gateway system with combi traffic which connects various destinations in Europe.
Sea port hinterland traffic:
- From Western and Northern ports to Poland or Italy
- From Hamburg and Bremerhaven to the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia
- AlbatrosExpress product for our TFG Transfracht customers: Network links the German sea ports to 21 destinations in Germany, Austria and Switzerland with approximately 300 trains per week
We offer additional services such as container drop-offs at the depot and maintenance and repairs at many locations in the hinterland via DB Intermodal Services.