DBantwerp-rhine-shuttle – for fast and daily connections
Launching in February 2017: your direct link from Antwerp to the Rhine-Ruhr and Rhine-Neckar regions.
Starting in early 2017, DB Cargo will operate a fast direct service on the Belgium-Germany corridor. Within just 24 hours, this shuttle for conventional and intermodal rail transportation will connect the Belgian industrial region comprising Antwerp and its surrounding ports with the Ruhr and Rhine-Neckar regions in Germany. The latter serve as hubs for DB Cargo's Europe-wide network of rapid rail services, focusing in particular on Italy, Austria, France, Spain, southern Europe and eastern Europe.
- Up to 10 departures a week from Antwerp:
Left bank on Tuesday-Saturday / right bank on Monday-Friday
- Large number of connections
Benefit from our rail freight network that spans Europe
- Conventional wagonload transports and intermodal cargo
Cooperating with our business partners, we have developed solutions for almost every requirement
- Terminal-to-terminal / siding-to-siding service
Linking terminals/connections in Antwerp* and elsewhere, for example at
Waaslandhaven, Kanaaldok, Buitenschoor, plus (in future) Combinant and IFB Main Hub
- Linking terminals/connections in the Rhine-Ruhr region, for example in
Wanne-Eickel, Marl-Hüls, Cologne
- Linking terminals/connections in the Rhine-Neckar region, for example in
Mannheim, Ludwigshafen, Freiburg im Breisgau
- Centralised customer management
An expert is always available if you need to contact someone
- Frequent departures with reliable journey times
To Rhine-Ruhr and Rhine-Neckar: under 24 hours hub-to-hub
To Italy, Switzerland, Austria, France, Spain, southeast Europe, Poland, etc.: 48-72 hours hub-to-hub
- Regular departure days and times
Optimum planning security for your transport needs
- Greener transportation
Substantially lower CO2 emissions than levels generated by road transport
- Agreed capacities
- Wagon fleet with a wide range of vehicles
- Wagon management
- Repair service
- Daily status reports
It would be our pleasure to work with you on designing tailored solutions for your orders.
Simply contact us with any questions you might have about this new product. We look forward to hearing from you.
*Expansions in planning