Customized waste logistics & projects
DB Cargo AG – your partner for innovative waste disposal logistics
Disposing of waste that can no longer be used, recycling and recovery of raw materials. DB Cargo AG is your competent partner for designing comprehensive transport and logistics concepts to meet your needs.
Tight legal framework conditions, project business and special equipment as well as comprehensive logistics concepts across national borders – DB Cargo AG offers ecological and economical solutions to meet these challenge in the field of waste logistics and projects.
In keeping with our customers' requirements and together with our partners, we specialize in the design of European cross-carrier concepts. Each year, DB Cargo AG transports approximately 1.5 million tons of waste.
No matter if transport-only services for municipal waste, supplementary plant logistics services when transporting residual waste from paper recycling, or full-service package offers, for instance the disposal of soils: on request, DB Cargo AG designs comprehensive recycling concepts and logistics offers, including all ancillary services.
DB Cargo AG is a certified waste disposal specialist. We have the required authorizations based on the Recycling and Waste Management Act (Kreislaufwirtschafts- und Abfallgesetz – KrW/AbfG) and are a member of the Transport and Environment waste disposal association (Entsorgergemeinschaft Transport und Umwelt e.V.)
With DBdisposal-solution, we offer a sector-specific product to meet the needs of the waste disposal and raw materials industry. Further information on this topic is available from the link on the right-hand side.
Your waste – our specialty
We transport any kind of waste for you. Our many years of experience have given us special expertise in the following areas:
- Domestic refuse
- Residue from waste paper recycling
- Sewage sludge
- Filter dust and slag from RDF and waste incineration power plants
- Materials from excavation & tunneling projects
- Sludge and dust from steelworks
- Hazardous materials
- Waste oil
- Concrete parts
- Power plant byproducts
Together with customers from the manufacturing industry, waste disposal and raw materials management companies as well as logistics services providers and municipal enterprises, DB Cargo AG develops and implements customized disposal logistics concepts in these areas.
Award-winning best practice
In 2010, the annual Award for Cooperation in Transport and Logistics (Kooperationspreis Transport und Logistik) from the German Federal Association for Economics, Transport and Logistics (Bundesverband Wirtschaft, Verkehr und Logistik e.V.) went to DB Cargo AG and Papierfabrik Palm, a paper factory. The jury was impressed by the two companies’ joint logistics concept for the conversion of waste at the Palm factory’s power plant in Wörth (Rhineland-Palatinate).
Criteria for the award included enhancing efficiency and quality, close organizational and information integration, practical implementation of innovative technologies and protection of resources as well as reduction of throughput times, administrative effort, error rates and logistics costs.
Selected additional references
- Transport of domestic waste on behalf of Zweckverband Müllverwertung Schwandorf (Schwandorf Special-Purpose Association for Refuse Recovery)
- Multimodal transport of filter dust in cooperation with our partner Enviloc GmbH
- Transport and logistics concepts within the scope of European large-area/landfill redevelopment, e.g. for the Böhringer, Ingelheim (D), Pasquale Hügel landfill in Bozen (I) and the Bonfol landfill in Bonfol (CH)
- Transport and logistics concepts within the scope of tunnel construction projects, such as Alter Mainzer Tunnel, Mainz
- Optimum road-rail transports of sewage sludge in cooperation with our partner company AWILOG-Transport GmbH
Last modified: 13.06.2016