Quicker transport to Russia and Asia with uniform CIM/SMGS consignment note
With the CIM/SMGS consignment note the necessary CIM and SMGS conveyance contracts are condensed into a single document. This enables non-stop rail freight transport with a single consignment document between Europe, Russia and Asia.
- also applies as a T1 transit declaration in the customs area of the EU/EFTA
- applies as a national customs (transit) document in each instance in the area of the SMGS regime
- can be used both in wagon loading and Combined Traffic
- Export formalities/commercial verification can be dealt with as soon as the consignment has been dispatched in the EU/EFTA.
- No amendments to the documents at the place of reconsignment between two legal areas
- thus minimal wagon stoppage times
- voluntary use: use only when agreed between the sender and the carrier