Our environmental management is certified
Efficient use of resources
- .We actively promote the use of secondary raw materials and decrease the consumption of valuable primary raw materials.
- By means of energy audits and the verification of our meter structure we search for ways of further minimising energy consumption in our facilities.
- The optimum utilisation of our trains and our train drivers' energy-saving approach to driving help us to decrease energy consumption.
Indirect environmental impact
- Our suppliers are obliged to comply with our environmental policy within the scope of their supplies.
- By successively converting our freight wagons to so-called whisper brakes, we aim to halve rolling noise by the end of 2020. More about noise protection.
Environmentally friendly vehicles and facilities
- Constant monitoring of specifications under environmental law help to prevent environmental pollution and ensure that errors are quickly rectified.
- The modernisation of our vehicle fleet leads to energy efficiency and the reduction of pollutants emitted.