The steel recycling network
Not all scrap is created equally. DBscrap-solution ensures a seamless steel recycling loop – with an industry-specific network, robust freight wagons and innovative logistics services.
With DBscrap-solution we ensure that the delivery of materials to German steelworks does not cease. We send over four million tonnes of scrap annually to steelworks across Europe as required. We are unique in being able to operate our transport according to specific market requirements.
ScrapNet. A network tailored to the industry and the customer for the reliable provision of scrap to European steelworks.
- In the Brescia concept, we efficiently operate all Italian traffic via a hub system
- Direct trains to Belgium, Luxembourg and Italy ensure security of supply and disposal
- Regional customer concepts offer the greatest possible flexibility for our customers
ScrapWagon. Robust freight wagons for greater security and reliability.
- We continuously optimise our wagons (Ea) for simpler handling and improved industrial safety.
- The use of weighing sensors, for example, prevents detours via wagon weighbridges and reduces transport operating times.
- We will provide you with loading advice to prevent damage during loading and unloading.
ScrapLogistics. Innovative logistics services for appropriate scrap provision to steelworks.
- With supply control, we coordinate the dispatch of scrap between scrap suppliers and steelworks to ensure that the correct type of scrap is delivered in the right quantity at the right time.
- In “ScrapPortal”, the new internet-based customer portal, supply control is digitalised and other services implemented from the order-to-cash process – for leaner communication, greater transparency and simpler processes.
- Other logistics services, such as intermodal planning or warehouse management, should be offered perspectively according to customer requirements.