Hereby you get information on how we process personal data outside the www.dbcargo.com website.
This may be the case if persons contact us by telephone, e-mail or in writing with a request and provide personal data or if we receive personal data from a third party and process it.
Personal data may also necessarily be processed if you are a business partner or customer of us or a service provider, on the occasion of participation in a DB Cargo trade fair or event or in the context of other communication with us, e.g. via the customer magazine or other communication channels.
Who is the responsible office for the data collection and processing?
DB Cargo AG is the controller and is therefore responsible for collecting and processing your data.
Ms Dr. Marein Müller is the designated data protection officer.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact:
DB Cargo AG
Which data do we collect and how and why do we collect your data?
DB Cargo is active in the field of logistics services of all kinds, in particular transport, forwarding, freight and warehousing services.
The processing of your data may become necessary in various contexts and is based in each case on different legal bases within the meaning of Article 6 or 9 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
These are in particular:
- A prior consent obtained from us for specific purposes (e.g. for the receipt of advertising);
- a contractual relationship or, at your request, pre-contractual measures (e.g. in case of executing an order, if your company works for DB Cargo),
- legal obligations for data processing (e.g. in the case of a justified request for information from authorities such as the Federal Railway Authority),
- in special cases, such as accidents, the legal basis that we process data to protect a person's vital interests,
- the predominant legitimate interest of us or a third party (e.g. in the case of the processing of personal data in the context of video surveillance) or
- the processing of special types of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 para. 1 DSGVO ("sensitive" data, in particular health data) shall only be carried out on the basis of the legal bases specified in Art. 9 DSGVO, i.e. in particular on the basis of the consent of the data subject or insofar as this is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
In principle, it is important for us to collect only the data which is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes. In addition, we may also collect data that promotes the purpose of the contract but is not absolutely necessary, e.g. in connection with certain comfort functions. We make this transparent by, for example, marking mandatory fields as such in online forms.
Will data be forwarded?
For processing of contracts in general the engagement of a directive data processor is necessary, e.g. of data center operators, print or delivery services or other contractual parties.
External providers, who collect data in our name, are carefully selected by us and are strictly bound by contract.
These providers work in accordance with our instructions, which are ensured by strict contractual obligations, by technical and organizational measures as well as complementary checks.
A transmission of your data will only be proceed in case you give us your explicit confirmation or according to a legal regulation.
A transmission to third states outside of European Union / European Economic Area (EER) or an international organization will not be proceeding, except in case of appropriate guarantees. These include standard contractual clauses of EU as well as EU-Commission adequacy decisions.
How long will your data been saved?
The data is only stored as long as it is needed. The duration of the storage depends therefore on the respective purpose. The purpose can result from the contract or also from legal regulations for the storage of business documents or other documents.
Therefore no generally valid storage period can be indicated here.
What are your rights?
- You can request information about what data is stored about you.
- You can ask for rectification, erasure and blocking of the maintenance of your personal data, if legal bases exists and is possible within the contractual relationship.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint at a data protection supervisiory.
- Responsible for DB Cargo AG is the factual and local data protection supervisiory:
Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Rheinland-Pfalz
Hintere Bleiche 34
Postfach 30 40
- You have the right of portability of all data, which you provided to us on basis of confirmation or contract confirmed (data portability).
- If you give us your consent for your data to be processed, you can revoke this in the same way.
The revocation of confirmation will not touch the legality of confirmed maintenance until the revocation.
- If data collection is based on our legitimate interests or is necessary for the performance of a public task, you have the right to revoke the data collection based on reasons according to your special situation.
- You can contradict to this promotional use of your personal data at any time with effect for the future. You can address your contradiction to the place/address indicated at the beginning (advertising contradictory)
Last update: Frankfurt, Mainz september 2019