Specialist in rail-based wood logistics
DB Cargo Logistics GmbH offers wood trading, timber, wood materials, pulp and paper industry customers across Europe environmentally-friendly and high-performance logistics solutions.
A large network in the European wood market has been developed around the railways from Nieten Internationale Holztransporte, founded in 1924. Over fifty employees combine the knowledge of a successful wood haulage company with the rail competence of DB Cargo AG at five locations in Germany and in Milan, St. Petersburg and Stockholm.
In 2016, the former DB Schenker Nieten GmbH merged with DB Cargo Logistics GmbH. As a result of the purposeful combining of branches which require close logistical interconnection with the customers, intermodal transport can thus be organised and managed even more efficiently.
Due to the synergies developed, we also fulfil the high quality requirements of European customers with regard to transport and logistical solutions even more competently. At the same time, we are increasing the attractiveness of rail transport for the wood industry. With over 80,0000 transportations annually, we belong to the largest wood logisticians in Europe.
Our focuses are on Europe-wide rail supplies of raw timber, sawn timber, chipboard, wood chips, biomass and scrap wood. DB Cargo Logistics manages a fleet of approximately 1,400 special wagons for round timber and sawn timber transport. The offer is supplemented by logistical services such as lorry transport from and to loading railway stations, transhipment and warehousing.
- Professional care by competent and dedicated expert staff
- Longstanding branch expertise and comprehensive rail and haulage know-how
- Flexible transport solutions – e.g. Europe-wide single wagon and wagon group transport in the network of DB Cargo AG and partner rail companies, international block train traffic with high-performing partners, transhipment and intermediate storage in rail ports and supplementary lorry and container transport in the DB group and with partners
- Professional management of the raw timber transport of approximately 250 wood loading railway stations in Germany
- Information and communication via an IT platform specially developed for wood logistics (HPO - HolzPortalOnline)
- Comprehensive fleet of 1400 of its own wagons
- Boosting of sustainability and climate protection as basic principles of the wood-processing industry by integration of the railways into the supply chain