Logistics expertise from the start
Our logistics experts will develop cost and service-optimised logistics solutions with you – on an intermodal basis.
The logistics projects and consultancy department at DB Cargo will assist you as a competent partner. We rely on the strengths of each individual mode of transport in order to then combine them intelligently. This expertise therefore forms the focus of our consultancy services when the optimisation of supply chains is involved.
We develop tailored logistical solutions for every customer step by step: A preliminary study often gives a good overview which forms a basis for important optimisation approaches and focuses.
However, consultancy not only involves the development of concepts for our experts. We also implement the jointly developed solutions and take care of project management. You benefit from comprehensive practical and project experience of our experts and their broad range of industry knowledge.
We have an excellent network of connections with the different players and institutions in the rail industry. For our customers this means: less complexity and more freedom to concentrate on the core business.
We will assist you with these tasks
- Analysis and optimisation of transport and business processes
- Sound analyses of the equipment used, process costs, the physical flow of goods and information flow
- Location analyses and optimisation of the logistical infrastructure
- Consultancy, development and optimisation of rail-based intermodal logistics solutions
- Analysis of the market situation and development of the resulting needs-based logistical solution
- Demonstration of future trends and development of your logistics
- Planning, execution and management of complex rail logistics projects which are individual to the customer
- Analysis of in-facility goods flows and processes for optimum elaboration of a facility shunting service which is tailored to the customer
- Consideration of safety and environmental compatibility
- Reduction of warehouse stages and inventories at our customers’ premises
- Transport and warehouse logistics across Europe
- Optimisation of delivery times and reliability
- Increase in the rail transport share and reliability in execution
- Procurement, distribution and facility logistics
- Overseeing of the implementation phase of the commonly developed concepts
- Logistics expertise for large projects, such as Construction site supply and disposal,
- Planning and execution of time-critical heavy haulage, including use of special transport equipment
- Design and execution of special transport
We will be pleased to compile a detailed and binding quotation for you. Please direct your enquiry to the customer advisor responsible or the new customer service department.