Make use of the grants available. We will be happy to assist you
Having private sidings gives you many advantages. Our DB specialist can assist you when you apply for funding and during all phases of the project.
A private siding – your benefits:
- Access to the national and international railway network
- Operation of eco-friendly or CO2-neutral transportation
- Use of extended loading and unloading times thanks to long loading window for wagons
- Plannable handling of very large transport volumes
- Direct access to one of the largest and most diverse wagon fleets in Europe
- Carrying out of transports that are not possible by road or are complicated (heavy loads, oversized loads, particular hazardous goods, etc.)
- Planning certainty thanks to the continuous supply of raw materials, regardless of traffic jams, weather conditions or water levels
- Tapping of new sales markets due to competitive advantages gained through lower-cost transports (e.g. companies that also have their own private siding or customers focussed on siding logistics).
A grant for up to 50% of the costs for your private siding – funding options:
- For the building, extension or reactivation of private sidings and loading/unloading facilities for freight wagons
- Grants cover up to 50% of the investment volume. The grant is dependent on actual additional volumes on the rails. Designed to support business enterprises operated under private law
A partner in your area will be glad to advise you – contact:
With your own private siding you gain direct access to the international rail network. Whether you wish to expand an existing siding or build a new one, DB Cargo will be there to support you all along the way.
Ask the specialists:
The regional sales teams offer cross-industry support, supplementing our industry experts perfectly. Your regional contacts will be happy to provide more detailed information.