DB Cargo has a certified environmental management system
We analyse and evaluate our impact on the environment. We develop objectives and measures on a structured basis from this.
We describe some of these measures below. Our environmental management system has been comprehensively certified according to DIN EN ISO 14001 since 2002.
Efficient use of resources
- We actively promote the use of secondary raw materials and decrease the consumption of valuable primary raw materials.
- By means of energy audits and the verification of our meter structure we search for ways of further minimising energy consumption in our facilities.
- The optimum utilisation of our trains and our train drivers' energy-saving approach to driving help us to decrease energy consumption.
Environmentally friendly facilities and vehicles
- Constant monitoring of specifications under environmental law help to prevent environmental pollution and ensure that errors are quickly rectified.
- The modernisation of our vehicle fleet leads to energy efficiency and the reduction of pollutants emitted.
Indirect environmental impacts
Our suppliers are obliged to comply with our environmental policy within the scope of their supplies.